minimum set od attributes

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

pboninsk

minimum set od attributes

#1 Post by pboninsk »

hi,

i'm trying to convert bitmap into DICOM file. I saw FAQ#34 but there is no enough of attributes in that sample. When i try to read my DICOM i have Missing Attribute status. What should I put additonally into dataset ?

Thanks

Peter

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

That depends on the SOP class you choose and on the properties of the image. Bite the bullet and consult part 3 of the DICOM standard, which is the only definitive reference.

pboninsk

#3 Post by pboninsk »

Well, i'm only interested in pixel data, so meta data are unimportant. I would like to have sth like Matlab DicomWrite(), which is able to make some defaults and create valid dicom from any data. Has anyone such example ?

Thanks

Peter

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

It is a common misconception that meta-data could be unimportant. In DICOM, meta-data is never unimportant because you need to fill in certain sets of attributes to make a DICOM object valid, and creating invalid object is the source of all evil, or at least of many problems in the DICOM field.
In your case you probably want to create a Secondary Capture image, and a simple piece of source code that does this is available in the toolkit in dcmpstat/libsrc/dviface.cc as method DVInterface::saveDICOMImage(). Use that as a template.