Getting Patient name,patient id, Modality,Number of Images,Study Informations

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

manoindia2020

Getting Patient name,patient id, Modality,Number of Images,Study Informations

#1 Post by manoindia2020 »

Hi,
I am developing a iPad app for dicom viewer and PACS server image retriever.

I can able to get the Patientname,patient id using Patient Root Query Retreive Information Model. My doubt is I have to get almost all the informations of a particular patient with a single query.

I have gone through the documents and all specifies that to get the study informations we have to send patientId as input, same way series informations studyid an patient id as input. and so image also.

If user searches the Patient Name starts with "P" and there are 10 records. To get the study informations of those ten patients I have to send 1 requests for each patient, so 10 request for 10 patients,
For modality I have to sent 1 requests for 1 study, 10 more requests.

Is there any other simple way in DCMSCU findrequest to get all the information 2-3 query retrievals like passing all patient ids together and getting study information of all the patient IDs. same way series,modality,image.
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

... this is how the strictly hierarchical Q/R information model works. Maybe, you should switch to the Study Root Q/R Information Model (in order to avoid the additional Patient-level)?

There is also a relational model, but it is not supported by many DICOM Q/R SCPs.
Is there any other simple way in DCMSCU findrequest to get all the information 2-3 query retrievals like passing all patient ids together and getting study information of all the patient IDs. same way series,modality,image.
No, the DcmSCU class more or less directly implements what the DICOM standard defines for the conventional Q/R information models (i.e. without relational queries).

manoindia2020

Study root will provide Patient name and id

#3 Post by manoindia2020 »

Will study root information model will provide patient name and Id as output?
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The definitive answer can be found in the DICOM standard - as always :-)

Here's the relevant section from PS 3.4-2011:
C.3.2 Study Root Query/Retrieve Information Model

The Study Root Query/Retrieve Information Model is identical to the Patient Root Query/Retrieve
Information Model except the top level is the study level. Attributes of patients are considered to be
Attributes of studies.