wlmscpfs Worklistserver, sending unrequested tags

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

KayLE

wlmscpfs Worklistserver, sending unrequested tags

#1 Post by KayLE »

Hello all,
is it possible to force sending all available Tags, even if the requestor has'nt ask for it?
We have an ultrasound-system, wich does'nt ask for the intitution name, but if this tag is not transferred, the standard institution name in the system will be cleared. Therefore we need to transfer this tag without request to avoid an empty institution field with everey worklist-Query.
Thanks for helping,
Kay

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

uh, this sounds very uncommon and weird.

No, there is no such option -- you would have to change the server's source code.

Michael

Edit: Of course, such a behaviour would violate the DICOM standard.

Roadrunner

#3 Post by Roadrunner »

You can try to write a worklist 'proxy'.

I did this in the following way:
- the proxy server queries the normal worklist server for new entries for
your ultrasound system.
- You save the result in files.
- Now you open the files and insert the missing tags and save them to a new
directory which is the input directory for the wlmscpfs.
- Use a timer for clearing the output directory for the new and changed files and delete the old original files from the worklist server and start from the beginning.

The only thing you have to change are the settings from the original worklist server to your 'proxy'.
I used ini/config files for the all the settings because its easier to handle if something changes.

btw: i call this 'proxy' and not proxy because its not a real proxy - a real proxy would be queried by the ultra sound system and would then query the the worklist server, receiving the data, changing the data in the ram and send the changed answer to the ultra sound system. That would be the elegant solution. ;-)

Hope this will help you.