use dcmj2pnm utility converting dcm image, but the colors of result jpg image is incorrect

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Aaron1

use dcmj2pnm utility converting dcm image, but the colors of result jpg image is incorrect

#1 Post by Aaron1 »

Hello!
I use dcmj2pnm uitility converting a dcm image to jpg image, everything seem ok through of dcmj2pnm runing, but the color of result jpg image seems incorrect, comparing original dcm image that is opened by a dicom image browser(pacsplus).Follow is my command line:
Dcmj2pnm -v --write-jpeg es123855004.dcm es123855004.jpg
I use dcmtk3.60 on windows xp.
I have tried different options but problem was still. I have send the dcm image to you by eMail, if i set incorrect options in command line, or something is wrong in the dcm image, wish your help!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

We haven't yet received any email from you. Please use the following address for sending the mentioned DICOM file: dicom/at/offis/dot/de.

Aaron1

#3 Post by Aaron1 »

Sorry!
I have sent the eMail to wrong Address last time. Now, I sent the eMail to
dicom@offis.de.
EMail Topic is: DCM Image about Topic "use dcmj2pnm utility converting dcm image, but the colors of result jpg image is incorrect" From Aaron1.

Wish your help! thanks

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The problem with this image is that the value of the Phometric Interpretation data element is wrong.
Use dcmj2pnm with option --conv-guess-lossy or --conv-guess to fix this incorrect encoding.

Aaron1

#5 Post by Aaron1 »

I added option --conv-guess-lossy or --conv-guess,converted the dcm Image, get the correct JPG image.

Thanks for your help!