Need some help.

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Evgenyi

Need some help.

#1 Post by Evgenyi »

I'm trying to use DCMTK in my own application, but something i'm doing wrong....
Trying to make steps from this faq viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2691
And got some trouble, which described here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3565
Really, i've found the .exe files, but how to start "INSTALL"? I've got error (no ALL_BULD.exe)

What next? How can i include yours DCMTK libraries in my app?

May be i'm doing something wrong?

Chung-Yueh Lien

Re: Need some help.

#2 Post by Chung-Yueh Lien »

Evgenyi wrote:Really, i've found the .exe files, but how to start "INSTALL"? I've got error (no ALL_BULD.exe)
Before building the "INSTALL" project, the "ALL_BUILD" should be built. If you want to build partial projects in DCMTK, the results including applications and compiled libraries will be stored in folders "bin" and "lib" in the folder of Visual Stuido Solution.
Evgenyi wrote:What next? How can i include yours DCMTK libraries in my app?
Please read FAQ #40: How do I use the DCMTK libraries in my own application? [MSVC]

Evgenyi

#3 Post by Evgenyi »

Chung-Yueh Lien wrote: Before building the "INSTALL" project, the "ALL_BUILD" should be built. If you want to build partial projects in DCMTK, the results including applications and compiled libraries will be stored in folders "bin" and "lib" in the folder of Visual Stuido Solution.
I've built the "ALL_BUILD" project and have tried to build the "INSTALL".
The "INSTALL" hasn't been built because there were no "ALL_BUILD.exe" file... What's wrong?
Thanks, i'm trying to use this guide, but i have some troubles on the fourth step...

Chung-Yueh Lien

#4 Post by Chung-Yueh Lien »

No"ALL_BUILD.exe" will exist in here. "ALL_BUILD" is a project used to include all projects in the Visual Stuido solution. If you build "ALL_BUILD" then all projects like dcmdata, ofstd, oflog, etc, will be built consequently.
Evgenyi wrote: I've built the "ALL_BUILD" project and have tried to build the "INSTALL".
The "INSTALL" hasn't been built because there were no "ALL_BUILD.exe" file... What's wrong?