How to write Modules

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

jandekkers

How to write Modules

#1 Post by jandekkers »

I am sure we discussed this during the training but I am confused about how to write modules (Using your command line tools)

I need to write <General Equipment Module> and <Enhanced General Equipment Module> but they do share some of the same tags (eg: 0008,0070)

1st I create a dicom using img2dcm which creates a default set of tags. Then I use dcmodify to add tags.

Is there a way to write <using img2dcm, dcmodify> <General Equipment Module> 0008,0070 and <Enhanced General Equipment Module> 0008,0070 ?

Jan

Andreas Thiel

Re: How to write Modules

#2 Post by Andreas Thiel »

In fact you have to add each Type 1 and Type 2 element found in the desciption of the Modules.
If elements are found in more the in one module, you have to add this element only one time.
The meaning of the element are in the Modules always the same. In your example:

In <General Equipment Module> the meaning of the elementtag 0008,0070
Manufacturer of the equipment that produced the composite instances.
and the same for the <Enhanced General Equipment Module> elementtag 0008,0070.
The difference between General Equipment Module and Enhanced General Equipment Module is
that the type of the elements are switch from Type 2 to Type 1 (means they must be filled), nothing more.

What kind of image do you want to create? Because it depends on the created dicom object which moduls are needed .
E.g. for a CT image the Enhanced General Equipment Module is not needed.
For an Enhanced X-Ray Angigrpahic it is needed.

jandekkers

Re: How to write Modules

#3 Post by jandekkers »

Thanks Andreas, makes sense. I not always know the image type my clients want to write. I create the tools for my clients for them to use. I will relay the answer to them. Thanks again.

Jan