Multiple Files as a single entry

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Someone

Multiple Files as a single entry

#1 Post by Someone »

Hi,

I have question regarding the pushing of dicom files to the dicom server. I need to push a set of dicom files ( slices of a single volume dataset) to the server as a single entry. Currently I am able to push each file as a seperate entry in the server. Also I would like to know, what is UID_secondarycaptureimagestorage? I am using this from an example found in this forum to generate SOPClassUID. Please let me know if this is corrent or how do I generate SOPClassUID otherwise?

I would like to know how to do this using DCMTK? I am a relatively new user to dcmtk. Please help me out.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Your questions are not really related to DCMTK, this rather sounds like a general DICOM question that should be posted to the DICOM discussion forum at comp.protocols.dicom.
To give you a short reply here, in the normal CT/MR SOP class, each slice is a separate DICOM object and stored in a separate DICOM file. No way to circumvent this - period.
Secondary Capture is one of many DICOM storage SOP classes, each of which is intended for a certain type of images and defines certain rules on which attributes have or do not have to be present. You will need some understanding of DICOM part 3 to correctly implement anything related to this.

Someone

#3 Post by Someone »

I apologize for posting it in the wrong forum. Thank you for your reply. It really helped.