Moderator: Moderator Team

himanshu.mistri

How to enable DICOM Storage Commitment service in PACS using dcmqrscp

#1 Post by himanshu.mistri »

Hello,

Currently, I am running my PACS using the following configuration:-

Code: Select all

[b]dcmqrscp -v -d -c dcmqrscp.cfg -xf storescp.cfg Default Default[/b]
So my question is do I required anything special configuration for supporting DICOM Storage Commitment service http://dicom.nema.org/Dicom/2013/output ... t_J.3.html.

Also how to use DICOM Storage Commitment service with this command https://support.dcmtk.org/docs-products/stcomscu.html.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: How to enable DICOM Storage Commitment service in PACS using dcmqrscp

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

So my question is do I required anything special configuration for supporting DICOM Storage Commitment service
The tool "dcmqrscp" does not support the Storage Commitment Service as you can read in the documentation (i.e. the SOP Class is not listed in the "Conformance" section): https://support.dcmtk.org/docs/dcmqrscp ... onformance

Also how to use DICOM Storage Commitment service with this command
This tool, which is not available free of charge, implements a Storage Commitment SCU. How it can be used is explained in the documentation that you've referenced.

himanshu.mistri

#3 Post by himanshu.mistri »

This tool, which is not available free of charge, implements a Storage Commitment SCU. How it can be used is explained in the documentation that you've referenced.
Thanks for the clarification @J. Riesmeier. Here is my few more question after your clarification.

As you said that DICOM Storage commitment service is not free which means that they are not part of open source code of dcmtk at github here https://github.com/DCMTK/dcmtk.

1. For, Getting this storage commitment service we may need to purchase the only portion that supports this Storage commitment SCU, Right?

2. Is there a way to test this Storage commitment service in a trial version before we purchase it?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

himanshu.mistri

#5 Post by himanshu.mistri »

Hello @J. Riesmeier,

Thanks for sharing the link for trial version,

I believe that in the trial version we will get only binary that can run on either Linux or mac os only but in our case, we need it for android so what can be the step for cross compile DCMSTCOM this module.

Thanks,
Himanshu

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I believe that in the trial version we will get only binary that can run on either Linux or mac os only
See last page of the referenced Evaluation Licence Agreement (PDF): you can get binaries for Windows or Linux (32-bit or 64-bit).
we need it for android so what can be the step for cross compile DCMSTCOM this module.
Then you should ask the people from the OFFIS DICOM Team.

Jan Schlamelcher
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#7 Post by Jan Schlamelcher »

Well, the evaluation contract is a PDF, just write Android there and we'll see what we can do once we receive it. I believe, I provided an Android evaluation binary in the past at least once. In general though, I suggest you do as Jörg Riesmeier indicated and somehow ensure the evaluation license document (that only serves the purpose to give us the legal option to provide the software) gets linked to an E-Mail thread with us where we can discuss details like the Android ABI version and so forth that you require.

himanshu.mistri

#8 Post by himanshu.mistri »

Hello,

Quick question for Jan Schlamelcher, In the evaluation contract which is a PDF, where I can mention that we required binary for android and Linux both? , Since in contract, there is no such box where we can mention.

Because before implementing it on android we used to test it using command line tool on Linux machine.

Jan Schlamelcher
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#9 Post by Jan Schlamelcher »

Just send us the contract via email beforehand and write that in the email. We'll match it to the hard copy of the contract when that arrives. To be sure, you could also add some cover letter when sending it via regular mail and also state it there.