Questions about dcmtk3.5.4

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

hliu

Questions about dcmtk3.5.4

#1 Post by hliu »

Hi,

I have a GE MR scanner (Signa SP GE medical systems) and also a workstation with solaris 8, which are networked. My goal is to fetch dicom images from the scanner to my workstation.

I installed dcmtk3.5.4 on the workstation and set DCMDICTPATH and also the PATH to all the tools in dcmtk3.5.4. I got errors when I tried to test findscu:

% findscu -v -S -k 0008,0052="STUDY" -k 0020,000D="" -aec bws3_oc0 bws3_oc0 4104
$dcmtk: findscu v3.5.4 2005-12-20
$ findscu: DICOM query (C-FIND) SCU error: bad key format or dictionary name not found in dictionary: 0008,0052=STUDY

Then I put the query keys into a query file:
% findscu -v -aec bws3_oc0 bws3_oc0 4104 query.dcm
Request of an association always failed.

Here are my questions:

1. What are wrong with the above commands?
2. Do I need install dcmtk and run its any tool/command on the scanner in order to fetch images from the scanner to my workstation by using dcmtk?
3. Can I configure the existing server on the scanner to handle my dcmtk fetching requst(s) from the workstation? If yes, how?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

at this time there is a bug in dcmtk 3.5.4 regarding the "-k"-option. If you would send me a mail, I could send you the a few lines of code, that will fix the problem in findscu. findscu from 3.5.3 is not affected by this problem.

Regards
Michael

hliu

where to get dcmtk3.5.3

#3 Post by hliu »

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your info. Where can I download dcmtk3.5.3?

Best,

Haiying

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Older DCMTK releases (actually all releases since 1995) can be downloaded in source code by FTP from ftp://dicom.offis.de/pub/dicom/offis/software/dcmtk/.

bkuemmer

#5 Post by bkuemmer »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

at this time there is a bug in dcmtk 3.5.4 regarding the "-k"-option. If you would send me a mail, I could send you the a few lines of code, that will fix the problem in findscu. findscu from 3.5.3 is not affected by this problem.
Can you elaborate a bit on what is not working? Is findscu in 3.5.4 completely broken?

Thanks
Bernd

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Bernd,

"only" the "-k"-option is not working. You cannot specify a value using "=". movescu has got the same bug.
We're very sorry about this... Probably there will be a patch release due to other minor problems in 3.5.4.

If you (or anybody else) need a patch meanwhile, don't hesitate to write me an email (onken at offis dot de). I'll send you back a few lines of code for fixing the bug in a minute.

Regards,
Michael