storescp output on Ubuntu

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

amunaaser

storescp output on Ubuntu

#1 Post by amunaaser »

Hi!
When launching storescp through another application on Windows, a commandline windows starts and all the output activities are displayed there, but when I use the same application on Ubuntu and call storescp the output is not displayed at all:
storescp -v -uf +B -fe .dcm -aet MatlabTestC -od /tmp/fast-storage/DicomDownload/ 104

I tried to start a new terminal with xterm etc but it is not much use:
xterm -e storescp -v -uf +B -fe .dcm -aet MatlabTestC -od /tmp/fast-storage/DicomDownload/ 104

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards
Nasser Hosseini

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: storescp output on Ubuntu

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Unfortunately, you did not tell us how you call storescp from the application. This is certainly different on Windows and Linux, and probably not really related to the DCMTK.

amunaaser

#3 Post by amunaaser »

Hi again!

Thank you for the quick reply!

I understand. I thought, I had written, how I call storescp both on Windows and Linux:
Windows: storescp -v -uf +B -fe .dcm -aet MatlabTestC -od /tmp/fast-storage/DicomDownload/ 104

On Linux, I get the output, when I use it like this, but then it gets stuck
Linux: sudo storescp -v -uf +B -fe .dcm -aet MatlabTestC -od /tmp/fast-storage/DicomDownload/ 104

When I add "&", storescp runs but the output is not displayed anymore:
sudo storescp -v -uf +B -fe .dcm -aet MatlabTestC -od /tmp/fast-storage/DicomDownload/ 104 &

That's the reason for my question, i.e. if you have any suggestion for Unix/Ubuntu for starting it in a separate terminal or perhaps redirect the output somehow?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I would suggest to write the log output to file, e.g. using a logger configuration as provided in "etc/filelog.cfg". storescp (and other DCMTK tools) will load und use this configuration file with option --log-config.