dcmsend -> dcmqrscp fails negotiation

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

gendicomarme

dcmsend -> dcmqrscp fails negotiation

#1 Post by gendicomarme »

I am attempting to send images into a SCP server using dcmqrscp. I have tried various combination of command line arguments, however am continuing to have the error.

SCP Command: dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\bin\dcmqrscp -v -d +xy +xs +xx -xs -dhl -ta 60 -td 60
CLIENT: dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\bin\dcmsend -v -d -aet UNTITLED -aec WIN1064 +r --scan-directories localhost 104 IMAGES\*.dcm

SOP log:
Presentation Contexts:
D: Context ID: 1 (Abstract Syntax Not Supported)
D: Abstract Syntax: =XRayAngiographicImageStorage
D: Proposed SCP/SCU Role: Default
D: Accepted SCP/SCU Role: Default

SCU logs:
D: DcmMetaInfo::checkAndReadPreamble() TransferSyntax="Little Endian Explicit"
D: DcmDataset::read() TransferSyntax="JPEG Baseline"
D: checking whether SOP Class UID and SOP Instance UID in dataset are consistent with transfer list
D: getting SOP Class UID, SOP Instance UID and Transfer Syntax UID from DICOM dataset
E: No presentation context found for sending C-STORE with SOP Class / Transfer Syntax: XRayAngiographicImageStorage / JPEG Baseline
F: cannot send SOP instance: DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID
I: Aborting Association

If I am reading this correctly JPEG Baseline is not offered in the presentation context negotiation.

What specifically should I do to enable the SCP to accept JPEG Baseline? :| :wink: :?:

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: dcmsend -> dcmqrscp fails negotiation

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

If I am reading this correctly JPEG Baseline is not offered in the presentation context negotiation.
In fact, it is proposed by dcmsend, but not accepted by dcmqrscp (by default).
What specifically should I do to enable the SCP to accept JPEG Baseline?
You could either start dcmqrscp with option --prefer-jpeg8 (+xy) or use an appropriate association negotiation profile (see option --assoc-config-file / -xf).

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by J. Riesmeier »

By the way, the options "+xy +xs +xx" in your call of dcmqrscp are mutually exclusive and the last one wins (see documentation).

Another follow-up question: What is the purpose of these options that you use to call dcmsend, i.e. in this combination: "+r --scan-directories IMAGES\*.dcm"?

gendicomarme

#4 Post by gendicomarme »

First of all, thank you very much.

Is it true it will only accept jpeg8/JPEG_Baseline if I set +xy? The word prefer may be misleading. I have both lossy, and lossless.

Hrm. I was trying to "overload" it since it I misunderstood prefer to "allow" since it is not allowed if I don't specify one. There is a error in my thinking.

The original intent was to recurse into IMAGES directory, reading files in subdirectory +r, and --scan-directory IMAGES but I also added the search mask on to the end (*.dcm) because it was trying to send a .gitignore or similar non-dicom text file.

This was of course I did not see +sp, which I should have used instead. It still had the desired effect and worked anyway.

(The brothers or Serendip would be pleased. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.)

:arrow: :D