Storescp/Storescu multi-file (.mff) format

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

mparamas

Storescp/Storescu multi-file (.mff) format

#1 Post by mparamas »

1) DICOMLink on DeltaManager on Mac can not send images to DCMTK's storescp. DICOMLink has stored the images in Multifile (.mff) format. Same study from DICOMLink can be sent to other DICOM receving stations such as Conquest PACS, EFILM, etc.
The studies are PET, CT and MRI. How to resolve the problem?

2) I would like to have storescp save received DICOM images in Multifile format so that I can have one big DICOM file instead of numerous DICOM files for a given study from any modality. And I would like to have storescu send this file to any destination. Fmri and Dynamic PET/CT studies have thousands of images which I would like have as a single file in DICOM format. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

DICOMLink on DeltaManager on Mac can not send images to DCMTK's storescp
Without any further information there won't be any help. There might be a problem with DICOMLink, there might be a problem with storescp, or, more likely, there is configuration issue. Are the images compressed? Which transfer syntax? What is the output of storescp when run in --debug mode? Firewall inbetween? Does the TCP connection get established? ...
I would like to have storescp save received DICOM images in Multifile format so that I can have one big DICOM file instead of numerous DICOM files
Multifile is something proprietary (a short search on Google seems to indicate that this is a proprietary file format invented by the provider of the DICOMLink software), not DICOM, and will certainly not be supported in DCMTK anytime soon.

mparamas

#3 Post by mparamas »

I worked around the transfer problem for now.

Will DCMTK support the new Multiframe IOD DICOM standard for MR, CT and PET? If yes, what is the approximate timeline? Thanks.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Will DCMTK support the new Multiframe IOD DICOM standard for MR, CT and PET?
In terms of sending, receiving, reading, writing (from/to file) and processing, Multiframce CT and MR are already supported in the current version, and PET is only a matter of making the UID known to the toolkit. There is no specific support for displaying such Multiframe images using the dcmimage module yet. This is somewhere on our to-do list but has not yet made it to the top :wink:
In my understanding, however, "Multifile" is something entirely different, not identical with the DICOM Multiframe IODs.