wwwapps on windows box

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmartens

wwwapps on windows box

#1 Post by jmartens »

I downloaded the win32 compiled binary packages and thought the wwwapp for the worklist would be in there as well, but unfortunatley it isn't.

The perl scripts are not included. Are they created when I compile the source or are they not included anymore?

In case I need to compile the source to get the perl scripts... I have never compiled (let alone compiled on a windows box) can some provide me with some tips or pitfalls I should be aware of?

Can I do a compile on a windows box or should I use some linux/unix for it? Which distrubution should I take, which compiler etc.

Thanks in advance!

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The worklist web tool is not, by default, contained in the binary distribution for Windows, the reason being that we have never attempted installation of this tool on Windows. The tools will certainly compile if you add them to the project file, but whether or not they will correctly work is somewhat hard to predict. As an example, both the perl scripts and the C++ Worklist SCP (dcmwlmfs) will create and release read/write locks on files, and these must be compatible, which may or may not be the case on Windows where different system API functions are used for file locking.
The easiest solution for you would certainly be to install the web tool on a Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris or other kind of Unix machine on which a web server supporting CGI scripts and a Perl 5 (or later) interpreter is available (and a C++ compiler for compiling DCMTK). Compilation of DCMTK on Linux/Unix is normally very simple (configure; make; make install).