findscu/movescu - No Acceptable Presentation Contexts Errors

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Algonquin

findscu/movescu - No Acceptable Presentation Contexts Errors

#1 Post by Algonquin »

I am currently able to move DICOM images to the server using the storescu and storescp applications.

Now I am trying to integrate the ability to both query and move copies of the imagaes. I have been experimenting with the findscu and movescu applications.

I have tried using the following:

findscu.exe -k 0010,0020="XXXXXXXXXX" 192.168.2.225 105

And I am receiving the following error:

findscu: No Acceptable Presentation Contexts

I am uncertain as to why I am receiving this error. The file itself is located on the server and the patient ID exists in the header of the DICOM file.

I am going about this correctly? Should I be using the findscu and the movescu? If so, should I be using these application in conjuction with each other or as stand alones? Are there other classes that I need to implement in order to make this work for me.

Any information or help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

findscu can be used to only query an archive (or a worklist server) for images (worklist: work items). Movescu can query an archive AND retrieve the images that are referenced in the responses to the query.

By the way, you cannot use storescp as the server to query. It sounded in your posting, as if you tried that. You could use the "Mini-PACS" dcmqrscp from DCMTK which allows for DICOM query/retrieve.

For querying images, you have to choose a query model. DICOM provides 3 query models (and so do findscu and movescu): Patient Root, Study Root and Patient/Study Only. For querying a server you have to decide which one to use, for now you are asking (default) for a worklist in your findscu call.
Add parameter --patient e. g. to switch to Patient Root query model. Another issue is that the query (the list of tags) that you are sending to the server has to comply to some rules according to the selected query model. How that works goes beyond the scope of my posting: You should read part 4 of the DICOM standard, the chapter about Query/Retrieve Service class. If you search the forum for findscu / movescu you should find some (maybe incomplete) explanations, too.

Regards,
Michael