Combination of DicomStore SCP and DicomDir

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Holger Hamburger

Combination of DicomStore SCP and DicomDir

#1 Post by Holger Hamburger »

Hi Folks,

I would like to build a combination of storescp and dcmmkdir.

My problem is now, that the output from the storescp does not match the Dicom Standard (regarding Filenames) that the dcmmkdir expected.

Is there an option for the StoreSCP to write Filenames without extension and only 8 Characters?

as far as I understand, the dcmmkdir works only Dicom conform (8Characters) but the StoreSCP writes Filenames with: 1. A unique random Number, 2. with the SUID as Filename, 3. create Filename with Date information

Any help would be very appreciated

Regards

Holger

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Storescp's option --rename-on-eostudy should do what you want. See documentation for details.

Holger Hamburger

#3 Post by Holger Hamburger »

Perfect, thank you very much ....

"wer lesen kann ist ganz klar im Vorteil"

Regards
Holger

Holger Hamburger

#4 Post by Holger Hamburger »

Hello Community,

fortunately I got an answer of my question regarding the -rns option.
Unfortunately this option only affects the Filename and not the Foldername. I'm trying to combine those two lovely sweet tiny Storescp and dmcmkdir applications, but do not get it to work.

Maybe someone could please explain, how to solve that.
If there is no possibilty to do that by a switch it seems, that i have to try to write a little batch or vbs script for that.

Is it possible to change the behaviour of the dcmmkdir, that it accepts longer fodler names?

or

Is it possible to change the behaviour of the Storescp to generate only 8 Character long foldernames.

Thanks in advance

Holger Hamburger

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#5 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Is it possible to change the behaviour of the dcmmkdir, that it accepts longer fodler names?
You could use option --input-directory for this purpose. Please note, however, that this does not affect the directory names added to the DICOMDIR since the DICOM standard limits the length of the name components of the Referenced File ID.
Is it possible to change the behaviour of the Storescp to generate only 8 Character long foldernames.
Should be no problem to create shorter directory names like "ST000001". However, this limits the number of unique study directory names significantly. You should also make sure that you handle the possible counter overflow appropriately.

Holger Hamburger

#6 Post by Holger Hamburger »

Hello Jörg,

thank you very much for your fast reply. Sorry for the confusion, but
Should be no problem to create shorter directory names like "ST000001". However, this limits the number of unique study directory names significantly. You should also make sure that you handle the possible counter overflow appropriately.
Do you mean "should be no problem for a developer to change the StoreSCP Code or is there a hidden option? (even I'm not a developer : (

My concern is, that a modality is able to send images to the storescp and that for every new image an additional dicomdir entry is created, so that a Dicom-viewer is able to read the images comfortably (small solution)

Again Thank you very much and keep going develop such cool tools

Take care

Holger Hamburger

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#7 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Do you mean "should be no problem for a developer to change the StoreSCP Code or is there a hidden option?
Yes, I meant "for a software developer". There is no hidden option. Anyway, a little batch script should do.