dcm2pnm code when converted to dll it fails for MG

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

kathirvel_kg

dcm2pnm code when converted to dll it fails for MG

#1 Post by kathirvel_kg »

*) i converted the dcm2pnm.exe code into a dll, to use it in my application. I am able to extract bitmaps for all modalities except MG, RG. I am extracting the bitmap with the image's window center and window level values.The size of the MG i tested is about 44 MB.
*) Using the dcm2pnm.exe i am able to save the bitmaps correctly for MG and RG modalities too. But in case of RG(about 82MB) the dcm2pnm.exe generates the bitmap which is some bytes greater than the actual 82 MB. Why is this so? But for the MG i tested the bitmap generated with the exe is abt 22MB.
*) Is there any other modality images that have bigger size like MG, RG?
Please help me out.
Thanks in advance,
Kathir

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Regarding the second item in your list: I don't know. Did you really use the same image transformation/processing/output parameters in both cases?
Regarding the third item in your list: Yes, pathology images, but fortunately, most systems do not yet store them in DICOM format. And, of course, multi-frame images like XA or US ...

Btw, what is the reason for converting dcm2pnm.exe into a DLL? This makes no sence to me since all the functionality is provided by the DicomImage class.

kathirvel_kg

Re: thanks for the info

#3 Post by kathirvel_kg »

First thank u for the info.
i used same image transformation/processing/output parameters in both cases.
I just converted the exe code to dll ; because the functionality of dcm2pnm code is what i am looking for. I use to get the bitmap with overlay planes, and other image processing functions... The dcm2pnm code has been modified slightly according to our needs....
Thanks in advance,

levomaniac

#4 Post by levomaniac »

Hi ppl,
i used dcm2pnm code to convert DCM to bitmap.It works fine with most of the images but the problem i have is when i try to convert MG images to bitmap the size actually increases from 40mb to 42mb.Can u guys please explain what is exactly happening with MG images(I dont apply window idth and window center for the image)
Thanking you guys in Advance..........