findscu multiple modalities

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

nschafer

findscu multiple modalities

#1 Post by nschafer »

I am attempting to use FINDSCU to query studies for multiple modalities. So let's say I'm looking for all CT's and all US's for a particular patient. If I use the following command I can get the results for a single modality, but is there a way to specify multiple modalities. I've tried adding the tag multiple times and putting various delimiters between the values, but no go so far.

Code: Select all

findscu -S -aec THEAETITLE -k 0008,0052=STUDY -k 0010,0020=PatientID -k 0008,0061=CT HostName Port
Thanks for your help,

Neal.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

there is no such possibility in DICOM, except for attributes of type UID (and attribute Modality is not of that type).

Regards,
Michael

Edit: Sorry, that was a littlebit too fast... I saw you just used "Modalites in Studies" instead of "Modality" as I thought before: This attribute is an exception of the rule above. There you _can_ specify more than one modality in the request, too. Just use "\" as the delimiter between the values, e. g.

Code: Select all

... -k 0008,0061="MR\CT". 
This also was a question in the DICOM newsgroup some time ago (see here).

Another question is, whether your PACS fully supports those kind of requests correctly.

nschafer

#3 Post by nschafer »

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately it appears that neither of my PACS systems supports this, so I will have to do client side processing to handle the situation. As I am trying to develop a more general purpose tool I wouldn't want to include something that wasn't well supported in any case.

Neal.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Neal,

you might add an option to enable this. In IHE, this attribute (and the support on client/server side) is required (not optional as in DICOM) - so any PACS claiming IHE "conformance" should actually support this.

Good luck for your application,
Michael