Problem of setVoiLut

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#16 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

BTW, we need to apply VOI Lut stored in DICOM image to rendered data using mainstream DCMTK.
What do you mean by that? What is you intention?

m-ishihara

#17 Post by m-ishihara »

Thank you for your reply.
My intension is that it seems that DCMTK mainstream doesn't apply VOI Lut data stored in DICOM image to the data from getOutputData() or createWindowsDIB().
Because the data got from getOutputData() or createWindowsDIB() is the same as the pixel data, which has not any modification from Modality data.
Then, we'd like to get the data which is modified from the pixel data by being applied the VOI Lut to.
Do you understand what I said?

Thanks,
Maty

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#18 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

The DicomImage class does apply the VOI LUT transformation (if selected) to the pixel data. The rendered output of getOutputData() or createWindowsDIB(), therefore, includes the VOI LUT transformation.

However, by default, no VOI transformation is applied since the selection depends on the particular use case. So either use setVoiLut(), setWindow(), or the like in order to select the transformation. Also see my previous postings on this topic!

m-ishihara

#19 Post by m-ishihara »

Hi Jörg,

Thank you for your cooperation.
Today, I immediately tried using setVoiLut() and made sure that the method can apply the VOI Lut data stored in DICOM image to the data from getOutputData().
I appreciate your suggestion, so much.

Best Regards,
Maty