Moderator: Moderator Team

instmed

Storage Commitment SCU/SCP

#1 Post by instmed »

Hello,

older postings already refer to the Storage Commitment:
viewtopic.php?t=672&highlight=naction
viewtopic.php?t=94&highlight=naction

We like to know wether by now there is an implementation. Where can I find the underlying code for processing N-ACTION and N-EVENT-REPORT? In
dcmnet/libsrc/dimcmd.cc?

Best regards
P. Welter.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

so far we do not have any Storage Commitment implementation for the main reason that none of our own projects needed that so far. However, implementation is possible and could be done for dcmqrdb (and if it's worth storescp) as well as storescu on the client side. If we find somebody willing us to sponsor the development, we would of course be happy integrating that into the toolkit :P :idea:

If I'm not wrong (and my colleagues will correct me, if i am..;) ) there is no special high level API for that. Anyway you can use the T_DIMSE_Message struct defined in dimse.h and fill the according sub structs accordingly, e. g. T_DIMSE_N_ActionRQ and so on. If you prepared the message, send it with DIMSE_sendMessageUsingMemoryData(..) defined in dimse.h. OK, this is a bit oversimplified but the way one could implement it :wink:

Regards,
Michael

instmed

#3 Post by instmed »

Thank you very much for your information and help! I doubt that a sponsor may show up soon. But we would appreciate it, too... :wink:

Regards,
Petra.

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Maybe you're interested in the fact that a Storage Commitment SCU is on the way (details will be available on the following web page).