no functions for reading pixel width, height in DicomImage

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

ramavorray

no functions for reading pixel width, height in DicomImage

#1 Post by ramavorray »

DicomImage class is useful to load a DICOM file and and everything is working fine with it. But I am not able to find any function in that class that returns the pixelwidth and pixelheight of the image loaded.

I am loading a 2D MR Dicom image and I can see all information that the class contains in debugger. I can see the pixel width and pixel height in the variables named PixelWidth and PixelHeight in the debugger with values 1.7... and they are correct.

But I am not able to find any function in that class that returns the pixel width and pixel height. I can get all other info that file contains. Like number of frames, rows, coloumns and so. But unable to find a method for accessing pixel width and pixel height.

What is the function in that class to access PixelWidth and PixelHeight variables

dcmtk version 3.5.3
MS VS .NET 2003
Windows XP

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

You cannot get the pixels' width and height via the DicomImage interface. However, the pixel aspect ratio is available through getWidthHeightRatio() and getHeightWidthRatio(). Anything else has to be retrieved via the DICOM dataset using findAndGetXXX().