WlmSCPFs Hangs after a while

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

martinrame

WlmSCPFs Hangs after a while

#1 Post by martinrame »

Hi, I'm using Wlmscpfs as a WorkList server in a production facility, and it works well, it handles associations from all the modalities. My problem is that a couple of weeks ago, I noted it hangs after approximately 24 ours of work, the process is still up when I look in the windows task manager, also the log file doesn't show anything that could help me find the root of the problem, I mean, it logs all associations until it hangs.

The params I'm using are:

wlmscpfs.exe --verbose --debug -dfr -dfp DIRECTORY PORT

This is working on a Win2003 Server, and the version is:

$dcmtk: wlmscpfs v3.5.4 2005-12-20 $

BTW, where can I get a newer compiled Win32 version?.

Thanks in advance,
Leonardo.

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

BTW, where can I get a newer compiled Win32 version?
There are no pre-compiled binaries of the current snapshot (aka version 3.5.5) -- at least there is no official version of the binaries. However, it shouldn't be too complicated to install CMake and Visual Studio Express and compile the DCMTK.

martinrame

#3 Post by martinrame »

Any hint about this?, nobody faced the same issue?.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

We haven't experienced this problem, but then we are not using wlmscpfs in a 24/7 production setting. From your description I would guess that the tool might be leaking some OS resource (such as socket handles or the like), and simply runs out of this resource at some point in time. Unless some other DCMTK user can provide additional insight, this won't be too helpful for you of course.

art

Worklist hangs

#5 Post by art »

We experience the same problems in a 7/24 h WinXP-environment. Therefore we tried to shut down the wlmscpfs every 24h but this did not work every day because the failure did pop up again some hours later.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Art,

did you used the snapshot version? If possible, please give it a try. There was some error in closing sockets in windows multi process mode that was fixed some time ago. Also, if you are not able running the snapshot in your environment, you may try the single process mode with option --single-process, if you have only one client asking for a worklist at a time (Or you could start different servers on different ports to circumvent this restriction for multiple modalities).

Best regards,
Michael

art

Thanks

#7 Post by art »

Hi Michael

Thanks for the advice. I compiled the latest snapshot yesterday and we shall run the new wlmscpfs.exe in the 7/24 environment.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#8 Post by Michael Onken »

Thanks, please provide feedback as far as you can say something :)
Best regards,
Michael

art

It seems to work

#9 Post by art »

We use to stop and restart wlmscpfs every night. With the old version we had crashes everyday. Now after one week with the latest version wlmscpfs seems to work stable! Propably we may change the process in the future and do no more stop and restart wlmscpfs everyday.

Thanks