Worklist server do accept any AE.

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

hammad

Worklist server do accept any AE.

#1 Post by hammad »

Your previous email helped me a lot in building the Modality Worklist Server using the DCMTK Toolkit. I had tested the developed application using the DVTK Modality Emulator and it is working fine. Yesterday i decided to test it with the KODAK CR. The CR Service Engineer asked for IP address of the Server, DICOM Port of the Server and AET of the Server. I had provided the ip and port but have not AET. So, i cannot test my developed application using your toolkit. Is there any way to assign the AET to server (wlmscpfs.exe) or the Modality Worklist Server will run with AET. or Do your Worklist server do accept any AE??If do how can i define that.

After some search i found out that the dcm4chee also provide the built-in feature of Modality Worklist Server. But that Server has AET. I need your help is i am doing right. If i am wrong please correct me.

Regards

Hammad

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

the worklist server will listen to any AE title. However, based on the AE title it checks which worklist entries are available by looking for a directory with this name in your data file path (that you specify with -dfp).

Michael

hammad

#3 Post by hammad »

Okay i had understand that. My KODAK CR Engineer asked me for the following information to add MWL Server in the CR.

1. IP Address of the Server
2. DICOM Port of the Server
3. AET of the MWL Server.

I don't know how to set the AET of the MWL Server. And i asked him to leave the AET. He said that the CR won't query the MWL Server. Your help is needed how to solve this problem. And do i need to put the worklist folder containing the .wl files as the share folder.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

give any AE Title you like (up to 16 characters, it is common to use only uppercase characters) to the asking engineer.

Then, in the directory where you like store all your worklist (wl files), create a directory with the exact name of the AE Title you told him.

Into that directory, store all the .wl files that you like the CR to see. No other worklist files (and therefore, entries) will be available to the CR besides the one in _this_ directory.

Then start your worklist server with option "-dfp your_worklist_data_directory" and put the directory name of the the directory that contains your dedicated subfolder for the CR machine,i.e. you migh have these directories:

C:\worklist\KODAKCR
C:\worklist\SIEMENSCT
C:\worklist\TOSHIBAMR

with all three directories containing .wl files. Then you should start wlmscpfs with the option "-dfp C:\worklist" (windows example). If the KODAK CR now calls the worklist server and calls it with the AE Title "KODAKCR", then the worklist server will look into c:\worklist and looks up whether there is a directory for this AEtitle. Then, all .wl files in that directory are searched and the results returned.

Michael