How to make worklist wlmscpf supports scheduledproceduresteploccation as a matching key

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

abdelrahman

How to make worklist wlmscpf supports scheduledproceduresteploccation as a matching key

#1 Post by abdelrahman »

It is really urgent and i am not an expert in C++, so i need help how can i change the code such that wlmscpf can support scheduledproceduresteplocation as a matching key, so worklist can filter the result by location automatically.

I already downloaded the source code but if you guys can point out to where in the code i should change and test that would be very helpful.

also how can i commit my change to your repository so all can share this added feature ?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

So, you are not an expert in C++ but would like to commit changes to our source code repository. Did I get that right? ;-)

I would recommend that you search the few source files in the DCMTK module "dcmwlm" for "matching key", "MatchingKey" and similar expressions. This should help you to find the code lines that need to be changed/extended.

Btw, I have to agree that the source code of "dcmwlm" is not really "friendly" regarding changes like this (i.e. extensions for new matching/return keys), but that's how it is.

abdelrahman

#3 Post by abdelrahman »

J. Riesmeier wrote:So, you are not an expert in C++ but would like to commit changes to our source code repository. Did I get that right? ;-)

I would recommend that you search the few source files in the DCMTK module "dcmwlm" for "matching key", "MatchingKey" and similar expressions. This should help you to find the code lines that need to be changed/extended.

Btw, I have to agree that the source code of "dcmwlm" is not really "friendly" regarding changes like this (i.e. extensions for new matching/return keys), but that's how it is.
I did but as you said it is not working : my change was :

.\dcmwlm\libsrc\wlds.cc

OFBool WlmDataSource::IsSupportedMatchingKeyAttribute( DcmElement *element, DcmSequenceOfItems *supSequenceElement )
if( supSequenceElement != NULL )
{
if( supSequenceElementKey == DCM_ScheduledProcedureStepSequence &&
( elementKey == DCM_ScheduledStationAETitle ||
elementKey == DCM_ScheduledProcedureStepStartDate ||
elementKey == DCM_ScheduledProcedureStepStartTime ||
elementKey == DCM_ScheduledProcedureStepLocation ||
elementKey == DCM_Modality ||
elementKey == DCM_ScheduledPerformingPhysicianName ) )
isSupportedMatchingKeyAttribute = OFTrue;
}

yet it is not working, if you can tell me some hints i can follow ? :) or lines of code i should take a look at ?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Then it should be obvious that changing IsSupportedMatchingKeyAttribute() only is not sufficient.
You could also check the source code for any of the existing matching keys (e.g. DCM_ScheduledStationAETitle) to see where you have to extend the code ...