Lossy Compression(New SOP Instance UID Created)

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Akshaybar Singh

Lossy Compression(New SOP Instance UID Created)

#1 Post by Akshaybar Singh »

Dear All,

I am compression the DICOM file using DCMTK 3.6.0 withh Lossy Compression(EXS_JPEGProcess10_12TransferSyntax).

I have register the codec before going to compress the file. Lossy compression has been done by DCMTK but it creates NEW SOP INSTANCE UID for the same image update the tag (0008,0018) with new SOPInstanceUID.

My requirement is to not update SOPInstanceUID with new sopUID, it shall be with original SOP Instance UID.

Kindly help to do the same. How can stop the creation of new SOP Instance UID for Lossy Compression?

Thanks & Regards
Akshay

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: Lossy Compression(New SOP Instance UID Created)

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,
Kindly help to do the same. How can stop the creation of new SOP Instance UID for Lossy Compression?
dcmcjpeg has an option to disable creation of a new SOP Instance UID (--uid-never). You can look into dcmcjpeg.cc how the parameter is handed over the compression codec if you want to do the same in your source code instead of using the tool.

Best,
Michael

Akshaybar Singh

Re: Lossy Compression(New SOP Instance UID Created)

#3 Post by Akshaybar Singh »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,
dcmcjpeg has an option to disable creation of a new SOP Instance UID (--uid-never). You can look into dcmcjpeg.cc how the parameter is handed over the compression codec if you want to do the same in your source code instead of using the tool.

Best,
Michael
Dear Michael,
Thanks a lot for prompt reply. I got solution.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay