getpeername fails

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

st80rules

getpeername fails

#1 Post by st80rules »

Hi,

any idea why I get this in my logs:

INFO - Failed to receive association: 0006:031c TCP Initialization Error: No such file or directory, getpeername failed on socket 844

A customer is reporting multiple occurrences of the above problem, and I can't figure out what it means.

Thanks

st80rules

Re: getpeername fails

#2 Post by st80rules »

Nobody can help? I know the problem comes from getpeername(), but it seems to be related to the way dcmtk uses it. I don't even know when it could return a "no such file or directory" error.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Unfortunately, you did not provide any details, e.g. which operating system, which compiler, which network interface, which DCMTK version...
I know the problem comes from getpeername(), but it seems to be related to the way dcmtk uses it. I don't even know when it could return a "no such file or directory" error.
If it's a Windows system, it could be related to the following issue: http://support.dcmtk.org/redmine/issues/393

st80rules

#4 Post by st80rules »

It's indeed running on Windows, compiler is the one used by Visual Studio 2010, network interface I don't know, DCMTK version is 3.6.1 dated 2012-07-27.

Yes I suppose that reporting the error correctly would help, so I'll make the proposed changes to my baseline.