dump2dcm

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

justin.wainscott

dump2dcm

#1 Post by justin.wainscott »

I'm still learning DCMTK, but I've been trying to setup a worklist server for testing. When I try to convert wklist1.dump to wklist1.wl using dump2dcm I get an error that says "Access is denied." I'm not sure what I can do for access to process the file name change. Any suggestions on what may cause this?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: dump2dcm

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Justin,

Just sounds as if the working directory you are in is not writable maybe?

Otherwise share your full commandline call.

Best,
Michael

justin.wainscott

#3 Post by justin.wainscott »

The worklist i'm trying to use was downloaded with the 3.6.7 version. Found in dcmtk. "C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\share\dcmtk\wlistdb"

One command I used was dump2dcm -g wklist1.dump wklist1.wl. This produces Input file does not exist: wklist1.dump

I've also tried a few other ways. dump2dcm "C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\OFFIS\wklist1.dump" > "C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic". This produces the Access is denied error.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Justin,

To.your second call, append the desired name of the output file:

dump2dcm "C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\OFFIS\wklist1.dump" > "C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic\1.wl"

Also, make sure you have permissions to create files in C:\Program Files\dcmtk-3.6.7-win64-dynamic.

BR,
Michael

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by J. Riesmeier »

dump2dcm expects two parameters, so the ">" is probably causing the problem. (I mean, in addition to the "write access" issue Michael mentioned in his posting.)

justin.wainscott

#6 Post by justin.wainscott »

I looked into your suggestions. I didn't have write ability for that folder so that has been corrected. However the next test produced a new error. I followed your suggestion and the result produced an error that states "error: Missing parameter dcmfile-out."

justin.wainscott

#7 Post by justin.wainscott »

Nevermind I figured it out. Thanks for your help!