DCMTK Latest version update issue

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

annapurne.s

DCMTK Latest version update issue

#1 Post by annapurne.s »

Hi everyone,

We have developed an iOS app using the DCMTK framework version 3.6.2. Now we try to update the DCMTK to latest version.
I linked all lib correctly but i got the issues only while using the newly changed functions like, wrunlock()

This is the error i got,

ld: Undefined symbols:
GlobalDcmDataDictionary::wrunlock(), referenced from:
-[DcmtkWrapper loadDataDictonary] in DcmtkWrapper.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DCMTK Latest version update issue

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Since DcmtkWrapper seems to be part of your program/app (not of the DCMTK): Did you start with a clean development environment, e.g. by calling "make clean" or the like?

annapurne.s

#3 Post by annapurne.s »

As per your suggestion i created the new project.But still i got the same issue.

I have one doubt, is there is any changes in the libdcmdata.a file available in dcmtk 3.6.8?, because i download the zip file from this site "https://dicom.offis.de/download/dcmtk/dcmtk368/" inside this there is no lib folder available, I can't saw that. so, i use older version lib folder. Please give your suggestion.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Of course, there are changes in the dcmdata module (including the dcmdata library).
because i download the zip file from this site "https://dicom.offis.de/download/dcmtk/dcmtk368/" inside this there is no lib folder available, I can't saw that. so, i use older version lib folder.
We never provided pre-compiled library files, only executable binaries. You have to compile the DCMTK on your own as described in the INSTALL file that is shipped with the source code.

annapurne.s

#5 Post by annapurne.s »

Hi, can you please guide me how to generate all dcmtk files properly using cmake.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Everything you need to know is described in the INSTALL file. How to compile the DCMTK with CMake can be found in the "BUILDING" section.

annapurne.s

#7 Post by annapurne.s »

I generate dcmtk files using cmake but only config folder has dcmtk folder others had cmakefiles empty folder not dcmtk folder, how to solve it.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#8 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Your error description is not detailed enough to provide any help. Which platform (OS, compiler, version) are you using, which commands are you calling, what are the error messages printed?

annapurne.s

#9 Post by annapurne.s »

Hi,
1. I created .a files by using dcmtk.xcodeproj.
2. I added include files from dcmtk-3.6.8 folder download from dcmtk website
3. When i call DcmSCU (eg: DcmSCU scu;) inside my function, i got the following error but without this line all works fine. I include all .a files properly.

ld: Undefined symbols:
_deflate, referenced from:
DcmZLibOutputFilter::compress(void const*, long long, bool) in libdcmdata.a[35](dcostrmz.o)
DcmZLibOutputFilter::compress(void const*, long long, bool) in libdcmdata.a[35](dcostrmz.o)
_deflateEnd, referenced from:
DcmZLibOutputFilter::~DcmZLibOutputFilter() in libdcmdata.a[35](dcostrmz.o)
_deflateInit2_, referenced from:
OFdeflateInit(z_stream_s*, int) in libdcmdata.a[35](dcostrmz.o)
_hosts_access, referenced from:
_dcmtk_hosts_access in libdcmnet.a[35](dwrap.o)
_inflate, referenced from:
DcmZLibInputFilter::decompress(void const*, long long) in libdcmdata.a[24](dcistrmz.o)
DcmZLibInputFilter::decompress(void const*, long long) in libdcmdata.a[24](dcistrmz.o)
_inflateEnd, referenced from:
DcmZLibInputFilter::~DcmZLibInputFilter() in libdcmdata.a[24](dcistrmz.o)
_inflateInit2_, referenced from:
OFinflateInit2(z_stream_s*) in libdcmdata.a[24](dcistrmz.o)
_inflateInit_, referenced from:
OFinflateInit(z_stream_s*) in libdcmdata.a[24](dcistrmz.o)
_request_init, referenced from:
receiveTransportConnectionTCP(PRIVATE_NETWORKKEY**, DUL_BLOCKOPTIONS, int, DUL_ASSOCIATESERVICEPARAMETERS*, PRIVATE_ASSOCIATIONKEY**) in libdcmnet.a[29](dul.o)
_request_set, referenced from:
receiveTransportConnectionTCP(PRIVATE_NETWORKKEY**, DUL_BLOCKOPTIONS, int, DUL_ASSOCIATESERVICEPARAMETERS*, PRIVATE_ASSOCIATIONKEY**) in libdcmnet.a[29](dul.o)
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Please help to solve this.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#10 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

You are not linking all required libraries. Your DCMTK has been compiled to include zlib and libwrap support, so you need to link against libwrap (-lwrap) and zlib (-lz).

davex44

#11 Post by davex44 »

We also have an iOS app that we're looking to upgrade to 3.6.8.

Wondering if the upgrade was successful?

If yes, any insight into steps that were different from the standard install would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David