How to read OX data?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

vyrus

How to read OX data?

#1 Post by vyrus »

Could someone please tell me how to read data of type OX? I only see putAndInsertXXX methods corresponds to this type in DCMTK help.

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Use the corresponding findAndGetXXX() methods.

vyrus

#3 Post by vyrus »

Jörg Riesmeier wrote:Use the corresponding findAndGetXXX() methods.
Thank you, but I could not find the corresponding findAndGetXXX() methods in dcmtk354.chm help doc. Are there any other information source to look that up?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

But it's in there. You could also use the online documentation.

vyrus

#5 Post by vyrus »

Jörg Riesmeier wrote:But it's in there. You could also use the online documentation.
Thanks a lot for your replys!
What I meant is that I cannot find corresponding findAndGetXXX for OX type data from the documents, including the online page you mentioned.
Anyway, I already find out findAndGetUint8Array actually does the job in my situation. :D

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#6 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

You should note that OX is an internal pseudo-type that DCMTK uses for DICOM attributes that (when received in implicit VR) might be interpreted either as OB or as OW. Access to such attributes can be done either using the Uint8 or using the Uint16 methods, and DCMTK will perform internal byte swapping if necessary to ensure that in both case you receive what you're asking for.

vyrus

#7 Post by vyrus »

Marco Eichelberg wrote:You should note that OX is an internal pseudo-type that DCMTK uses for DICOM attributes that (when received in implicit VR) might be interpreted either as OB or as OW. Access to such attributes can be done either using the Uint8 or using the Uint16 methods, and DCMTK will perform internal byte swapping if necessary to ensure that in both case you receive what you're asking for.
Thanks a lot for the explanation! That's exactly the part I didn't understand.