storescp and AcusonSequioa C512

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

local_mocal

storescp and AcusonSequioa C512

#1 Post by local_mocal »

Hi,
Nice to meet everyone, I was wondering if anyone have done this before: Setting up a transmission with an Echo machine Acuson Sequioa C512 to storescp. I managed to get it to transfer but there's a pause between transfers of the clips. I'm using the -dhl option and everything else defaulted at the moment.

I did a test with a Clearcanvas imageserver and there was no pause between each clips. So I must be missing something in the command options. Any suggestions or their commandline options will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Did you check whether the the DICOM movies are compressed? By default, storescp only accepts uncompressed DICOM images (see --prefer-xxx options) which means that the Echo machine has to decompress the movies before sending them. Of course, this is just a guess ...

local_mocal

#3 Post by local_mocal »

Jörg Riesmeier wrote:Did you check whether the the DICOM movies are compressed? By default, storescp only accepts uncompressed DICOM images (see --prefer-xxx options) which means that the Echo machine has to decompress the movies before sending them. Of course, this is just a guess ...
Jörg, thank you so much, that did the trick, and that explains the loud harddrive sound from the echo cart everytime before sending. I thought it was going to explode.

semi-newbie

#4 Post by semi-newbie »

I just had the same problem. Using the --prefer-jpeg8 switch provided a significant performance benefit.